Mirimichi Green Organic Weed Control is a fast-acting, nonselective, organic herbicide that can be used for residential, commercial lawns, and non-crop uses.
This is an excellent alternative to glyphosate for killing your entire lawn as part of a renovation project. This weed killer is non-selective. It will kill grass and weeds.
- Results in 15 minutes
- For organic control or burndown of weed/grass
- Leaves no harmful residues
- Effective weed control in cooler climates
- Readily biodegradable
- For organic gardening and lawn care
It is a great natural alternative to traditional weed killer products. Mirimichi Green Weed Control is ideal for controlling weeds in gardens, greenhouses, walkways, farmsteads, and flower beds or spot treating around ornamental trees, bushes, flowers, and landscaping beds. Mirimichi Green Weed Control is registered for public uses such as municipalities, sports fields, and golf courses. The product is safe for people and pets when used as directed.
The formulation is available in an easy-mix concentrate and in a ready-to-use spray. It does not require a surfactant and will start showing results after just 15 minutes. The powerful organic formula acts on contact and is rainfast in two hours after drying. Because Mirimichi Green Weed Control is rapidly broken down in the soil, there is no chance for environmental buildup or runoff into waterways and it will not leach through the soil to harm desirable plants.
Because Mirimichi Organic Weed Killer is non-selective, its use should be limited to mulch beds, sidewalks and other areas where non-selective weed control is desired.
It will injure or kill plants it is sprayed on so we do not recommend using this product within your lawn.
- 1 Gallon: 8,000 - 12,800 sq. ft.
- 2.5 Gallon 20,000 - 32,000 sq. ft.
8 - 19 fluid ounces with 1 gallon of water per 1000 sq ft. Rate should be adjusted based on weeds being targeted.
Note: 16 fl oz. mixed with 1 gallon of water is a great catch-all rate.
Does Organic Weed Killer need to be watered in?
- No. Organic Weed Killer works via foliar uptake. Simply spray the target weeds and allow it to dry.
- Yes. We recommend that granular fertilizer and Essential-G be applied before Organic Weed Killer.
Can I use Organic Weed Killer on my lawn?
- We don't recommend it. This product is a non-selective herbicide. This means it will damage any plant that it's applied to. It's best to limit use to mulch beds, sidewalks, driveways, and other areas where non-selective weed control is desired.
Does your product contain glyphosate?
- No. Our weed controls are free from harsh chemicals such as glyphosates.
Is Mirimichi Green Weed Spray an alternative to RoundUp?
- Yes, Mirimichi Green Weed Control Spray is a fast-acting, organic alternative to RoundUp or other traditional weed killers that contain harmful chemicals like glyphosates.
What is the active ingredient in this spray?
- The primary ingredient in Mirimichi Green Weed & Grass Control is Ammonium Nonanoate which is similar in composition to soap salts. It is safe to be used around people, pets, and livestock when used as directed. Ammonium Nonanoate is also biodegradable, breaking down quickly in the soil, so there’s no chance for buildup or runoff.
Is this an organic product?
- Yes. It is OMRI listed.
Why is it important for to be OMRI listed?
- The Organic Materials Review Institute provides guidelines and guidance about what materials are allowed to be used in organic operations. You can read more about OMRI here.
How does Mirimichi Green Weed Control Spray work to kill weeds?
- The active ingredient dehydrates the plant by stripping away the weed’s waxy cuticle.
Will this product cause build-up in soil?
- The active ingredient in Mirimichi Green Weed Control is biodegradable, breaking down quickly in the soil, so there’s no chance for build-up or runoff.
Does Mirimichi Green Control Spray kill the roots?
- No, it does not kill the root. It is a contact weed killer, rather than a systemic weed killer.
What's the difference between a systemic and a contact herbicide?
- Some herbicides move (translocate) within the plant. Systemic herbicides translocate once they are taken up by the leaves, stems or roots. Herbicides that do not move after they enter the plant are called contact herbicides.
Is Mirimichi Green Weed Control Spray for household use or only for landscape professionals?
- It is used by many landscape professionals and is also enjoyed by home landscaping enthusiasts who want a weed killer free from glyphosates.
Do I have to apply this product in direct sunlight or on warmer days?
- The product works fastest in warm, sunny weather, but it is still effective in cooler climates.
How long should I wait to irrigate after applying Mirimichi Green Weed & Grass Control Spray?
- You should wait two hours after applying Mirimichi Green Weed & Grass Control before irrigating.
Will it kill other plant life other than weeds?
- Yes, because it is a non-selective herbicide, it will kill any plants that it is applied to.
Will Mirimichi Green Weed Control Spray kill germinating weeds?
- Because it is formulated to have less build-up in soils, Mirimichi Green Weed Control does not provide any residual weed control in the soil to affect germinating weed seeds.
Does Mirimichi Green Weed Control keep weeds from coming back?
- No, it is a post-emergent, so it only kills weeds on contact that are growing.
How long do I need to wait before allowing people/pets to re-enter the area?
- Always let the product completely dry before letting people and pets re-enter the treated area.
PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING
Shipping: United States Only.
Currently NOT shipping to:(AK,HI). For AZ,CA,CO,WA,OR,ID,MT,NV,NM,UT just a small shipping charge of $9.95/ea will be applied to 2.5 gallon sizes. A $5.00 shipping charge applies to other sizes.
We can not ship to PO Boxes
Typically delivered in 4 - 7 business days.
Cancellations | Returns | Exchanges: All sales are final, no cancellations, returns, or exchanges