Mirimichi Green Organic Weed Control spray is a fast-acting, nonselective, organic weed killer that can be used for residential, commercial lawns, and non-crop uses. The spray comes in a 32 oz. spray bottle.
This is an excellent alternative to glyphosate for spot spraying lawn weeds, sidewalks, flower beds. This weed killer is non-selective. It will kill grass and weeds.
- Results in 15 minutes
- Organic control or burndown of weed/grass
- Leaves no harmful residues
- Effective weed control in cooler climates
- Readily biodegradable
- For organic gardening and lawn care
Mirimichi Green Organic Grass & Weed Killer is offered in a convenient ready-to-use spray bottle – there is no dilution necessary. It controls weeds in homeowners gardens, driveways, patios, and flower beds. It is registered for public uses such as municipalities, right-of-ways, sports fields, golf courses, and natural habitats.
Applications also include weed & grass control in organic gardening, farmsteads, turf farms, production greenhouses, native grasses, ornamentals, and trees grown for production. No surfactant is needed. No translocation is necessary as the herbicide kills on contact.
Since Mirimichi Green Organic Grass & Weed Killer is rapidly broken down in soils, there is no chance for environmental buildup or runoff into ponds and streams. It is OMRI listed for organic production—it is a great natural alternative to traditional herbicides.
Related: Non-toxic Pest Control
Mirimichi Green Organic Weed Control is safe to be used around people, pets, and livestock when used as directed; review the product label for instructions.
Mirimichi Green Pest Control Product Label
Weed Control Concentrate Product FAQs
Does your product contain glyphosate?
No. Our weed controls are free from harsh chemicals such as glyphosates.
Is Mirimichi Green Weed Spray an alternative to RoundUp?
- Yes, Mirimichi Green Weed Control Spray is a fast-acting, organic alternative to RoundUp or other traditional weed killers that contain harmful chemicals like glyphosates.
What is the active ingredient in this spray?
- The primary ingredient in Mirimichi Green Weed & Grass Control is Ammonium Nonanoate which is similar in composition to soap salts. It is safe to be used around people, pets, and livestock when used as directed. Ammonium Nonanoate is also biodegradable, breaking down quickly in the soil, so there’s no chance for buildup or runoff.
Is this an organic product?
Why is it important for to be OMRI listed?
- The Organic Materials Review Institute provides guidelines and guidance about what materials are allowed to be used in organic operations. You can read more about OMRI here.
How does Mirimichi Green Weed Control Spray work to kill weeds?
- The active ingredient dehydrates the plant by stripping away the weed’s waxy cuticle.
Will this product cause build-up in soil?
- The active ingredient in Mirimichi Green Weed Control is biodegradable, breaking down quickly in the soil, so there’s no chance for build-up or runoff.
Does Mirimichi Green Control Spray kill the roots?
No, it does not kill the root. It is a contact weed killer, rather than a systemic weed killer.
What's the difference between a systemic and a contact herbicide?
- Some herbicides move (translocate) within the plant. Systemic herbicides translocate once they are taken up by the leaves, stems or roots. Herbicides that do not move after they enter the plant are called contact herbicides.
Is Mirimichi Green Weed Control Spray for household use or only for landscape professionals?
- It is used by many landscape professionals and is also enjoyed by home landscaping enthusiasts who want a weed killer free from glyphosates.
Do I have to apply this product in direct sunlight or on warmer days?
The product works fastest in warm, sunny weather, but it is still effective in cooler climates.
How long should I wait to irrigate after applying Mirimichi Green Weed & Grass Control Spray?
- You should wait two hours after applying Mirimichi Green Weed & Grass Control before irrigating.
Will it kill other plant life other than weeds?
- Yes, because it is a non-selective herbicide, it will kill any plants that it is applied to.
Will Mirimichi Green Weed Control Spray kill germinating weeds?
- Because it is formulated to have less build-up in soils, Mirimichi Green Weed Control does not provide any residual weed control in the soil to affect germinating weed seeds.
Does Mirimichi Green Weed Control keep weeds from coming back?
- No, it is a post-emergent, so it only kills weeds on contact that are growing.
How long do I need to wait before allowing people/pets to re-enter the area?
- Always let the product completely dry before letting people and pets re-enter the treated area.