Mirimichi Green Organic Weed Control is a fast-acting, nonselective, organic herbicide that can be used for residential, commercial lawns, and non-crop uses.
This is an excellent alternative to glyphosate for killing your entire lawn as part of a renovation project. This weed killer is non-selective. It will kill grass and weeds.
- Results in 15 minutes
- For organic control or burndown of weed/grass
- Leaves no harmful residues
- Effective weed control in cooler climates
- Readily biodegradable
- For organic gardening and lawn care
It is a great natural alternative to traditional weed killer products. Mirimichi Green Weed Control is ideal for controlling weeds in gardens, greenhouses, walkways, farmsteads, and flower beds or spot treating around ornamental trees, bushes, flowers, and landscaping beds. Mirimichi Green Weed Control is registered for public uses such as municipalities, sports fields, and golf courses. The product is safe for people and pets when used as directed.
The formulation is available in an easy-mix concentrate and in a ready-to-use spray. It does not require a surfactant and will start showing results after just 15 minutes. The powerful organic formula acts on contact and is rainfast in two hours after drying. Because Mirimichi Green Weed Control is rapidly broken down in the soil, there is no chance for environmental buildup or runoff into waterways and it will not leach through the soil to harm desirable plants.
10 - 16 fluid ounces with 1 gallon of water per 1000 sq ft. Rate should be adjusted based on weeds being targeted.
1 Gallon: 8,000 - 12,800 sq. ft.
2.5 Gallon 20,000 - 32,000 sq. ft.
Weed Control Concentrate Product FAQs
Is Mirimichi Green Weed Control an alternative to RoundUp?
- Yes, Mirimichi Green Weed Control is a fast-acting, organic alternative to RoundUp or other traditional weed killers that contain harmful chemicals like glyphosates.
What is the active compound in Mirimichi Green Weed Control?
- Mirimichi Green’s Weed Control active compound is ammonium nonanoate, a broad-spectrum contact herbicide with no soil activity. Similar in composition to soap salts, any residues left behind by ammonium nonanoate don’t exceed levels of fatty acids found in commonly eaten foods.
Is this an organic product?
Why is it important for to be OMRI listed?
- The Organic Materials Review Institute provides guidelines and guidance about what materials are allowed to be used in organic operations. You can read more about OMRI here.
How does Mirimichi Green Weed Control work to kill weeds?
- The active ingredient dehydrates the plant by stripping away the weed’s waxy cuticle.
Is it odor free?
- No, it is not odor-free. But it is not as harsh as many synthetic products.
Does Mirimichi Green Control kill the roots?
No, it does not kill the root. It is a contact weed killer, rather than a systemic weed killer.
What's the difference between a systemic and a contact herbicide?
- Some herbicides move (translocate) within the plant. Systemic herbicides translocate once they are taken up by the leaves, stems or roots. Herbicides that do not move after they enter the plant are called contact herbicides.
Do I have to apply this product in direct sunlight or on warmer days?
The product works fastest in warm, sunny weather, but it is still effective in cooler climates.
How soon is the product rainfast?
- It is rainfast within two hours after drying.
How soon can I re-seed after applying Mirimichi Green Weed Control?
- You can reseed 24 hours after applying Mirimichi Green Weed Control.
How fast will I see results with Mirimichi Green Weed Control?
- In hotter temperatures, you can start seeing results in 15 minutes.
What equipment should I use to apply it?
- We recommend that you use hand-held manual pump or backpack sprayers, tractor powered field-type sprayers, boom, pressure, and hose-end sprayers.
Will it kill other plant life other than weeds?
- Yes, because it is a non-selective herbicide, it will kill any plants that it is applied to.
Will Mirimichi Green Weed Control kill germinating weeds?
- Because it is formulated to have less build-up in soils, Mirimichi Green Weed Control does not provide any residual weed control in the soil to affect germinating weed seeds.
How much product will I need to use?
Which weeds are killed by Mirimichi Green Weed Control?
- It kills annual and perennial broadleaf and grass weeds, spore producing plants such as liverworts. For a full list of weeds controlled or suppressed please view the label here.
How long do I need to wait before allowing people/pets to re-enter the area?
- Always let the product completely dry before letting people and pets re-enter the treated area.