Are you tired of weeds ruining your Rye, Kentucky Bluegrass, Centipede or Fescue lawn? Then look no further than the Tenacity SedgeHammer herbicide kit! It combines 2 weed killers to kill weeds without killing your grass. Safe to apply over a broad temperature range.
- Safe for cool season and Centipede grass
- Controls over 50 grassy and broadleaf weeds
- Kills sedges (nutsedge, kyllinga, annual and globe)
- Safe to apply over broad temperature range
- Kit saves money versus buying products separately
This ultimate herbicide combination for your cool season grass includes the following products:
Using Tenacity and SedgeHammer together targets the following weeds:
- Creeping Bentgrass
- Common purslane
- Florida betony
- Florida pusley
- Ground Ivy
- Lawn Burweed
- Poa Annua (suppression)
- Kyllinga (annual and green)
- Purple Nutsedge
- Yellow Nutsedge
- and much more...
Tenacity Sedgehammer Kit can be used on the following grass types: Kentucky Bluegrass, Centipedegrass, Buffalograss, Tall Fescue, Perennial Ryegrass, Fine Fescue, St. Augustine sod farms only.
Application: This is a professional formulation and should be applied from Battery-powered 4 gallon sprayer with TeeJet foliar spray tip. These herbicides are not to be applied via a hose-end sprayer.
When to Apply: Do not apply if temperatures are over 100F. If temps are that high, apply in the evening when they dip below 100F and elect to spot spray instead of blanket spraying.
Tenacity 8 oz bottle can cover 1 -2 acres of lawn area depending on application rate.
SedgeHammer can be applied at the low rate of 1 scoop per 1000 sq ft with mixed with 1 gallons of water.
Do not mow immediately after treating with this product or before spray has dried. After treatment, do not transfer clippings to non-target areas.
For use in Golf Courses, Sod Farms, Highways, Right-of-Ways, and similar Non-Crop areas, Ornamental Turf-grass (Residential & Commercial), Parks, Cemeteries and Athletic Fields
Some products may not be registered for sale or use in all states or counties and/or may have state-specific use requirements. This information is for reference only. It is the responsibility of the user to verify the product is registered and appropriate for use in a given state. Please check with your local extension service to ensure registration status and proper use.
Which grass types are these herbicides safe for?
- Tenacity is is safe for the following grasses: Kentucky Bluegrass, Centipedegrass, Buffalograss, Tall Fescue, Perennial Ryegrass, Fine Fescue, St. Augustine (sod farms only).
- Sedgehammer is safe for cool and warm season grasses. Read product label for additional details.
Does Tenacity / Sedgehammer need to be watered in?
- No. Tenacity / Sedgehammer works via foliar uptake. Simply spray the weeds you're targeting and allow it to dry.
- Yes. We recommend that granular fertilizer and Essential-G be applied before Tenacity / Sedgehammer.
Can I apply other liquids and Tenacity / Sedgehammer on the same day?
- Yes. We recommend applying non-herbicide products like like biostimulants and Primo Maxx growth regulator prior to spraying Tenacity / Sedgehammer.
How long does it take for weeds to die after spraying with Tenacity / Sedgehammer?
- It depends on the weed being targeted and temperature. Most weeds begin to yellow within 14 days of application.
Should I use surfactant with Tenacity / Sedgehammer?
- Yes. For best results we recommend using a surfactant with the Tenacity or Sedgehammer. Surfactant is included with the kit.
Are there temperature restrictions with this product?
- No. We don't recommend spraying your lawn with Tenacity / Sedgehammer when temperatures exceed 90F as temporary injury may occur.
How long should I wait before resuming mowing?
- For best results do not mow 2 days before application and 2 days after. For example, if you plan to spray Tenacity and Sedgehammer on Saturday, your last mow would be on Thursday. You would resume mowing on the following Tuesday.
PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING
Shipping: United States Only.
Currently NOT shipping to: (AK,HI,). For AZ,CA,OR,WA just a small shipping charge of $5.00 will be applied.
We can not ship to PO Boxes
Typically delivered in 4 - 7 business days.
Cancellations | Returns | Exchanges: All sales are final, no cancellations, returns, or exchanges