Tenacity herbicide is an excellent broadleaf and grassy weed killer for cool-season turf. It can be used for pre- and post-emergence control of more than 46 broadleaf weed and grass species.
- Active ingredients are Mesotrione (40%)
- Controls more than 46 varieties of weeds
- Great for cool season grasses such as Fescue, Rye and Kentucky Bluegrass, without fear of damaging turf
- Non-Ionic surfactant is recommended with Tenacity
Tenacity herbicide is a safe weed killer for cool season turfgrass like Kentucky Bluegrass, Turf Type Tall Fescue, Fine Fescue, and Ryegrass. It is one of the best weed killers for lawns.
Weeds controlled (but not limited to) include the following:
- Black Medic
- Bluegrass annual (suppression)
- Buckhorn Plantain
- Chickweed mousear
- Clover largehop
- Clover white
- Common Chickweed
- Crabgrass large
- Crabgrass southern
- Creeping Bentgrass
- Curly dock
- Dandelion Catsear
- Dandelion Common
- Florida Betony
- Florida pusley
- Foxtail yellow
- Ground ivy
- Lambsquarters common
- Lawn Burweed
- Lovegrass Tufted
- Nutsedge yellow
- Oxalis/Yellow Woodsorrel
- Pigweed redroot
- Pigweed smooth
- Purslane common
- Purslane speedwell
- Smartweed pale
- Smartweed Pennsylvania
- Smooth Crabgrass
- Speedwell persian
- Thistle Canada
- Wild carrot
- Wild Violet
Tenacity represses photosynthesis in susceptible and receptive plants as it is absorbed systemically through roots, leaves, and shoots. It can be effectively used against weed invasion and also promotes excellent control of tough-to-control weeds like dandelions before and during seeding of particular types of turfgrasses.
This formula can be used anytime during seeding including overseeding of established turfgrass, during renovation, or bare ground seeding. Weeds are expected to die and wither within 3 weeks from the application, turning the weeds white in color due to the loss of chlorophyll. Whitening of the turfgrass is common but temporary and typically occurs between 5 to 7 days after application and may last for several weeks.
Package: One 8 oz Bottle
Storage: Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight. The product will store for 2 years under warehouse conditions.
Tenacity can be used on the following grass types:
Cool Season Lawns - Kentucky Bluegrass, Turf Type Tall Fescue, Fine Fescue, Ryegrass.
Warm Season Lawns - Centipede, Buffalograss
Note: Tenacity is labeled for St. Augustine Grass, but only on sod farms, not home lawns
DO NOT apply this product on Bentgrass, Kikuyugrass, Zoysiagrass, Seashore Paspalum, or Bermudagrass. It will damage or kill these grass types.
Label: Tenacity Product Label
When to Apply: Do not apply if temperatures are over 90F. If temps are that high, apply in the evening when they dip below 90F and elect to spot spray instead of blanket spraying.
Coverage: 8 oz. bottle covers 1 - 2 acres (43,500 - 87,000 square feet) depending on targeted weed.
Application Rates: 4 - 8 oz. per 30 gallons of water per acre. See product label for application rates based on target.
Do not mow immediately after treating with this product or before spray has dried. After treatment, do not transfer clippings to non-target areas.
For use in Golf Courses, Sod Farms, Highways, Right-of-Ways, and similar Non-Crop areas, Ornamental Turf-grass (Residential & Commercial), Parks, Cemeteries and Athletic Fields
Some products may not be registered for sale or use in all states or counties and/or may have state-specific use requirements. This information is for reference only. It is the responsibility of the user to verify the product is registered and appropriate for use in a given state. Please check with your local extension service to ensure registration status and proper use.
Which grass types are these herbicides safe for?
- Tenacity is is safe for the following grass types: Kentucky Bluegrass, Centipedegrass, Buffalograss, Tall Fescue, Perennial Ryegrass, Fine Fescue, St. Augustine (sod farms only).
Does Tenacity need to be watered in?
- No. Tenacity works via foliar uptake. Simply spray the weeds you're targeting and allow it to dry.
- Yes. We recommend that granular fertilizer and Essential-G be applied before Tenacity.
Can I apply other liquids and Tenacity on the same day?
- Yes. We recommend applying non-herbicide products like like biostimulants and Primo Maxx growth regulator prior to spraying Tenacity.
How long does it take for weeds to die after spraying with Tenacity?
- It depends on the weed being targeted and temperature. Most weeds begin to yellow within 14 days of application.
Should I use surfactant with Tenacity?
- Yes. For best results we recommend using a surfactant with Tenacity.
Are there temperature restrictions with this product?
- No. We don't recommend spraying your lawn with Tenacity when temperatures exceed 90F as temporary injury may occur.
How long should I wait before resuming mowing?
- For best results do not mow 2 days before application and 2 days after. For example, if you plan to spray Tenacity on Saturday, your last mow would be on Thursday. You would resume mowing on the following Tuesday.
PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING
Shipping: United States Only.
Currently NOT shipping to:(AK,HI). For AZ,CA,OR,WA just a small shipping charge of $3.00 will be applied.
We can not ship to PO Boxes
Typically delivered in 4 - 7 business days.
Cancellations | Returns | Exchanges: All sales are final, no cancellations, returns, or exchanges