Need a solution for the Bermudagrass invading your Zoysia and St. Augustine lawn?Then look no further than the Recognition and Fusilade II herbicide kit! It combines 2 weed killers to form a potent combination that safely removes common and hybrid Bermuda from your St. Augustine and Zoysia lawn.
- Safely control Bermuda from your Zoysia and St. Augustine lawn
- Controls over 85 grassy, sedge and broadleaf weeds
- Kills all sedges (nutsedge, kyllinga, annual and globe)
- Effective against poa annua (annual bluegrass)
- Safe to apply over broad temperature range
- Kit saves money versus buying products separately
Before Recognition herbicide was available, there were limited options for removing Bermudagrass without injuring your Zoysia or St. Augustine lawn in the process.
Fusilade II produced limited results when applied at the rates deemed safe for Zoysia. The proprietary safener in Recognition called metcamifen is what makes it possible to remove Bermudagrass from Zoysia, St. Augustine and Kikuyugrass. It allows you to use Fusilade II at higher rates without causing injury.
We're excited to make this convenient kit available to those of you that have been fighting Bermuda for years. See the results from this kit here.
This herbicide combination for removing Bermudagrass in your Zoysia and St. Augustine lawn includes the following products:
Using Recognition and Fusilade II together is a temperature safe combination that targets the following weeds:
- Annual Sedge
- Black Medic
- Broadleaf signalgrass
- Cat's ear Dandelion
- Carolina Geranium
- Cock's-Comb Kyllinga
- Common Chickweed
- Common Bermudagrass
- Corn Speedwell
- Creeping Indigo
- English Lawn Daisy
- Glove Sedge
- Green Kyllinga
- Ground Ivy
- Hairy Buttercup
- Hop Clover
- Lawn Burweed
- Lawn Pennywort
- Little Barley
- Mouseear Chickweed
- Narrowleaf Cudweed
- Parsley Piert
- Poa Annua
- Poa Trivalis
- Purple Nutsedge
- Spotted Spurge
- Tall Fescue
- Wild Garlic
- Yellow Nutsedge
- and much more...
Recognition and Fusilade II can be used on the following grass types:
Zoysiagrass, St. Augustinegrass, Kikuyugrass
Recognition and Fusilade II can be applied over a broad temperature range
When to Apply: Do not apply if temperatures are over 95F and when winds exceed 10 mph.
53,000 - 80,000 square feet depending on application rate
Application rates for Bermudagrass control:
Fusilade II: .55 fl oz per 1000 square feet.
Recognition: .03 oz per 1000 square feet. (1 small level scoop)
Spreader Sticker: .30 fl oz per 1000 square feet.
Turf Mark Dye: .75 fl oz per 1000 square feet.
Mix with 1 gallon of water per 1000 square feet.
Depending on Bermuda maturity, a follow-up application may be required 4 - 6 weeks later.
IMPORTANT: Fusilade II MUST be combined with Recognition for use on St. Augustinegrass and Kikuyugrass. It CANNOT be used alone.
For best results, do not mow 7 days before or 7 days after application. After treatment, do not transfer clippings to non-target areas.
For use in Golf Courses, Sod Farms, Highways, Right-of-Ways, and similar Non-Crop areas, Ornamental Turf-grass (Residential & Commercial), Parks, Cemeteries and Athletic Fields
Some products may not be registered for sale or use in all states or counties and/or may have state-specific use requirements. This information is for reference only. It is the responsibility of the user to verify the product is registered and appropriate for use in a given state. Please check with your local extension service to ensure registration status and proper use.
Which grass types are Recognition and Fusilade II herbicides safe for?
- Recognition and Fusilade II are safe for Zoysiagrass, St. Augustinegrass, and Kikuyugrass.
Does Recognition and Fusilade II need to be watered in?
- No. Recognition and Fusilade II work via foliar uptake. Simply spray the weeds you're targeting and allow it to dry.
- Yes. We recommend that granular fertilizer and Essential-G be applied before Recognition and Fusilade II.
Can I apply other liquids and Recognition and Fusilade II on the same day?
- Yes. We recommend applying non-herbicide products like like biostimulants and Primo Maxx growth regulator prior to spraying Recognition and Fusilade II.
How long does it take for weeds to die after spraying with Recognition and Fusilade II?
- It depends on the weed being targeted and temperature. Most weeds begin to yellow within 14 days of application and are dead by day 28.
Should I use surfactant with Recognition and Fusilade II?
- Yes. For best results we recommend using a surfactant with Recognition and Fusilade II.
Are there temperature restrictions with this product?
- No. We don't recommend spraying your lawn with Recognition and Fusilade II when temperatures exceed 95F as temporary injury may occur.
How long should I wait before resuming mowing?
- For best results do not mow 7 days before application and 7 days after.
How soon can I reapply Recognition and Fusilade II?
- We recommend that you wait 4 - 6 weeks between applications. Do not exceed 3 applications per calendar year.
PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING
Shipping: United States Only.
Currently NOT shipping to:(AK, CA, WA, OR, ID, MT, SD, ND, WI, IA, MO, MN, WI, MI, WV, NY, CT, VT, NH, RI, MA, ME). For AZ and HI just a small shipping charge of $5.00 will be applied.
We can not ship to PO Boxes
Typically delivered in 4 - 7 business days.
Cancellations | Returns | Exchanges: All sales are final, no cancellations, returns, or exchanges