HALO Select™ - Halsulfuron (Brand Alternative - SedgeHammer®) is a selective herbicide used for post-emergent formulated specifically to kill yellow nutsedge and kyllinga that won't kill grass, established ornamentals, shrubs, or trees. It is a safe weed killer that won't kill your grass.
- Great for treating yellow and purple nutsedge and kyllinga
- This is the generic version of SedgeHammer
- This product makes an excellent “spike” or addition to Tenacity herbicide if you have specific problems with sedges
- Active ingredient is Halosulfuron-methyl (5%)
Halo Select is a generic version of Sedgehammer, a post-emergent selective herbicide that targets bothersome weeds like yellow nutsedge and certain broadleaf weeds. This weed killer is a “WDG” which stands for “Water Dispersible Granule” meaning the product is dry, and you mix it in water and spray it.
Available in two sizes:
Halo 5 WDG pouch 13.5g Generic Sedgehammer: an easy-to-use one-time-use pouch that when mixed in 1 gallon of water covers 1,000 sq ft. This pouch is 13.5 grams. This size can be used for blanket sprays of up to 1,000 sq ft but is primarily recommended for spot sprays. This version also contains a surfactant ALREADY. No need to add more.
Halo 75 WDG 1.33oz Generic Sedgehammer: This is a larger bottle containing 1.33 oz of highly concentrated Halosulfuron-methyl. It comes with a small scoop and one level scoop is added to 1 gallon of water to cover 1,000 sq ft or for spot sprays. The 1.33oz bottle can cover 1 acre approx 43,500 sq ft. You will want to add a surfactant along with this product in your spray tank.
Because this weed killer is safe for grass, it does work a bit slow. It can take up to 21 days to see full results but it works very well against yellow nutsedge and other weeds as long as you are patient.
Halo Select can be used on the following grass types:
Cool Season Lawns - Kentucky Bluegrass, Turf Type Tall Fescue (all fescues), Ryegrass.
Warm Season Lawns - Bermuda, St Augustine, Zoysia, Centipede, Bahia.
When to Apply: Although there are no labeled temperature restrictions, we don't recommend blanket applications if temperatures are over 100F. If temps are that high, apply in the evening and elect to spot spray instead of blanket spraying.
Coverage: One 13.5 gram pouch covers 1,000 sq ft (surfactant included)
One 1.33oz bottle covers approx 43,500 sq ft (1 acre)
0.66-1.33 oz. per acre
For use in Golf Courses, Sod Farms, Highways, Right-of-Ways, and similar Non-Crop areas, Ornamental Turf-grass (Residential & Commercial), Parks, Cemeteries and Athletic Fields
Does Halo Select need to be watered in?
- No. Halo Select works via foliar uptake. Simply spray the weeds you're targeting and allow it to dry.
- Yes. We recommend that granular fertilizer and Essential-G be applied before Halo Select.
Can I apply other liquids and Halo Select on the same day?
- Yes. We recommend applying non-herbicide products like like biostimulants and Primo Maxx growth regulator prior to spraying Halo Select.
How long does it take for weeds to die after spraying with Halo Select?
- It depends on the weed being targeted and temperature. Most weeds begin to yellow within 14 days of application.
Should I use surfactant with Halo Select?
- Yes. Halo Select produces best results when mixed with non-ionic surfactant.
Are there temperature restrictions with this product?
- Yes. We don't recommend spraying your lawn with Halo Select when temperatures exceed 90F as injury may occur.
How long should I wait before resuming mowing?
- For best results do not mow 2 days before application and 2 days after. For example, if you plan to spray Halo Select on Saturday, your last mow would be on Thursday. You would resume mowing on the following Tuesday.
PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING
Shipping: United States Only.
Currently NOT shipping to: (AK,HI,SD,MT)
We can not ship to PO Boxes
Typically delivered in 4 - 7 business days.
Cancellations | Returns | Exchanges: All sales are final, no cancellations, returns, or exchanges