SedgeHammer® is a selective herbicide used to kill nutsedge and kyllinga. It is a safe weed killer that won't kill your grass.
- Active ingredient is halosulfuron-methyl (75%)
- Great for treating yellow and purple nutsedge and kyllinga
- This product makes an excellent “spike” or addition to Tenacity Herbicide if you have specific problems with sedges
Active Ingredient: Halosulfuron-methyl 75%
Package Includes: One 1.33 oz bottle and measuring spoon
Storage: Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight. The product will store for 2 years under warehouse conditions.
Sedgehammer can be used on the following grass types:
Cool Season Lawns - Kentucky Bluegrass, Turf Type Tall Fescue (all fescues), Ryegrass.
Warm Season Lawns - Bermuda, St Augustine, Zoysia, Centipede, Bahia.
Label: SedgeHammer® Product Label
When to Apply: Although there are no labeled temperature restrictions, we don't recommend blanket applications if temperatures are over 100F. If temps are that high, apply in the evening and elect to spot spray instead of blanket spraying.
Coverage: One 1.33oz bottle covers approx 43,500 sq ft (1 acre)
Application rates: One level scoop is added to 1 gallon of water to cover 1,000 sq. ft.
For use in Golf Courses, Sod Farms, Highways, Right-of-Ways, and similar Non-Crop areas, Ornamental Turf-grass (Residential & Commercial), Parks, Cemeteries and Athletic Fields
Does Sedgehammer need to be watered in?
- No. Sedgehammer works via foliar uptake. Simply spray the weeds you're targeting and allow it to dry.
- Yes. We recommend that granular fertilizer and Essential-G be applied before Sedgehammer.
Can I apply other liquids and Sedgehammer on the same day?
- Yes. We recommend applying non-herbicide products like like biostimulants and Primo Maxx growth regulator prior to spraying Sedgehammer.
How long does it take for weeds to die after spraying with Sedgehammer?
- It depends on the weed being targeted and temperature. Most weeds begin to yellow within 14 - 21 days of application.
Should I use surfactant with Sedgehammer?
- Yes. Sedgehammer produces best results when mixed with non-ionic surfactant.
Are there temperature restrictions with this product?
- Yes. We don't recommend spraying your lawn with Sedgehammer when temperatures exceed 90F as injury may occur.
How long should I wait before resuming mowing?
- For best results do not mow 2 days before application and 2 days after. For example, if you plan to spray Sedgehammer on Saturday, your last mow would be on Thursday. You would resume mowing on the following Tuesday.
PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING
Shipping: United States Only.
Currently NOT shipping to:(AK,HI). For AZ,CA,OR,WA just a small shipping charge of $3.00 will be applied.
We can not ship to PO Boxes
Typically delivered in 4 - 7 business days.
Cancellations | Returns | Exchanges: All sales are final, no cancellations, returns, or exchanges