Celsius® WG is an excellent broadleaf and grassy weed killer for warm-season turf. It is the best weed killer that won't kill your grass in summer because it does not have any labeled heat restrictions.
It is one of the best weed killers for dandelions in warm season grasses like Bermuda, Zoysia, St. Augustine and Centipede.
- Controls more than 150 varieties of weeds
- Great for southern grasses such as Bermuda, Zoysia, and St. Augustine without fear of damaging turf
- Non-Ionic surfactant is recommended with Celsius
- Single dose treats 2000 sq. ft at high rate 4000 sq. ft at low rate
- Active ingredients are Dicamba (57.4%), Iodosulfuron-methyl-sodium (1.9%), Thiencarbazone-methyl (8.7%)
Celsius WG is a post-emergent herbicide that comes in the form of wettable granules. This means that you mix this weed killer with water to create a liquid spray. It is formulated to treat the broadest spectrum of weeds on the market.
It is our "go to" weed killer for many of the most difficult grassy and broadleaf weeds. Celsius WG is one of best weed killers for dandelions that won't kill grass when used as directed. When temperatures are below 90 degrees, use surfactant with this product to increase effectiveness.
Weeds controlled (but not limited to) include the following:
- American Burnweed
- Bull paspalum
- Common purslane
- Dallisgrass (suppression)
- Florida betony
- Florida pusley
- Large crabgrass
- Lawn burweed
- Prostrate spurge
- Sneezeweed (helenium)
- Spotted spurge
- Virginia buttonweed
Package Includes: One 10 oz bottle or .226 oz single-use packet
Storage: Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight. The product will store for 2 years under warehouse conditions.
For the ultimate warm season grass herbicide combo that extends the capabilities of Celsius to control all sedges, poa annua and more, mix this product with Certainty Turf Herbicide. You still get the same broad temperature application range with more weeds controlled.
Check out this video to see how we use them together.
Celsius can be used on the following grass types:
All Warm Season Lawns with exception of Bahiagrass
When to Apply: Do not apply if temperatures are over 100F. If temps are that high, apply in the evening when they dip below 100F and elect to spot spray instead of blanket spraying.
Celsius can be applied at the low rate of .057 oz/1,000 sq ft or the high rate of .113oz/1,000 sq ft.
Low Rate Coverage up to 4 Acres.
High Rate Coverage up to 2 Acres.
(0.226) Single dose low rate treats up to 4000 sq ft.
(0.226) Single dose high rate treats up to 2000 sq ft.
Do not mow immediately after treating with this product or before spray has dried. After treatment, do not transfer clippings to non-target areas.
For use in Golf Courses, Sod Farms, Highways, Right-of-Ways, and similar Non-Crop areas, Ornamental Turf-grass (Residential & Commercial), Parks, Cemeteries and Athletic Fields
Some products may not be registered for sale or use in all states or counties and/or may have state-specific use requirements. This information is for reference only. It is the responsibility of the user to verify the product is registered and appropriate for use in a given state. Please check with your local extension service to ensure registration status and proper use.
Which grass types is Celsius safe for?
- Celsius is safe for all warm season grasses other than Bahiagrass.
Does Celsius need to be watered in?
- No. Celsius works via foliar uptake. Simply spray the weeds you're targeting and allow it to dry.
- Yes. We recommend that granular fertilizer and Essential-G be applied before Celsius.
Can I apply other liquids and Celsius on the same day?
- Yes. We recommend applying non-herbicide products like like biostimulants and Primo Maxx growth regulator prior to spraying Celsius.
How long does it take for weeds to die after spraying with Celsius?
- It depends on the weed being targeted and temperature. Most weeds begin to yellow within 14 days of application.
Should I use surfactant with Celsius?
- Yes. For best results we recommend using a surfactant with Celsius.
Are there temperature restrictions with this product?
- No. We don't recommend spraying your lawn with Celsius when temperatures exceed 90F as temporary injury may occur.
How long should I wait before resuming mowing?
- For best results do not mow 2 days before application and 2 days after. For example, if you plan to spray Celsius on Saturday, your last mow would be on Thursday. You would resume mowing on the following Tuesday.
PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING
Shipping: United States Only.
Currently NOT shipping to:(AK,HI, WA, OR). For AZ,CA just a small shipping charge of $5.00 will be applied.
We can not ship to PO Boxes
Typically delivered in 4 - 7 business days.
Cancellations | Returns | Exchanges: All sales are final, no cancellations, returns, or exchanges